Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 01:06 AM   #10
abjbrtd

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFTN View Post
Hi.
I hope its ok to ask a slightly off-topic question about the generator.
My new to me 2017 Thor Vegas has the Onan 4000btu generator also, and I can't get a good reading on the dipstick. The dealer I bought it from claims they replaced the oil, but a week ago when checking the level, there was NO oil on the dipstick. It may be that the RV has to be really level to get an accurate reading?
Thanks in advance,
Chris
you would NOT be the first victim of the high school dropout that drained the oil then went for a smoke, and started another oil change

OR be the buyer of a certified BMW that the same dropout forgot to DRAIN the used oil but remembered to change the filter and put new oil in.
I can't believe I didn't at least pull the dip stick, take the radiator cap off etc etc before diving our new to us " Certified" BMW 30 miles home

PLEASE MAKE SURE THERE IS OIL in your generator BEFOR TRYING to start it!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum