Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 02:30 PM   #1
Wiley1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 23H
State: Virginia
THOR #19277
excessively short timeout period is killing me

I'm not certain of the length of the "inactivity timeout" in these forums, but it is certainly too short for an old man like me.

Today I spent maybe 15 minutes composing a reply in a thread. When I clicked Reply, I was asked to login again, so I did. Then, nothing but a blank screen here: https://www.thorforums.com/forums/ne...treply&t=28280

If I'm alert, I will remember to copy my reply so I can paste it back in after the re-login. Today I wasn't alert, so now I have to start composing my reply all over again. Yes, I know that I can hit Preview every 5 or 10 minutes to reset the countdown timer, but that also requires awareness on my part.

My browser is the latest Chrome, but I've had the same thing happen in Firefox.

Questions:
  1. What harm would there be in extending the inactivity period to 20 or 30 minutes?
  2. Is there a bug in the forum software that causes the blank screen?
  3. Other than copy/paste, is there anything I can do to recover after that happens? The back button is ineffective.
  4. Why can't you drop a cookie on my PC so I can stay logged in forever, like Amazon does?

It may sound like I'm bitching, but really I'm just looking for a better solution.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum