RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #2
Ed-Helen pns

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Florida
THOR #698
We have a 2014 ACE 27.1 and were gone for about 70 days starting in January. It's just 2 of us and 3 small dogs. We didn't have any signs of "cabin fever" as we were able to get out most of the days. We usually take several trips a year in the 30 day range and been doing that for 3 years. I think full timing would be hard for us in the ACE or any other size RV. I know several people that full time in a 17 ft Casita and love it. I guess it is what you want to make work. We had a class c without a slide and that extra 2 ft when the slide is extended makes a world of difference.
We are in FL and the weather may be chilly in January and February but a small electric heater works fine. Sometimes I would fire up the furnace to warm everything up in the mornings.
It drives fairly well done the road at 60-65 mph. I had the front end aligned and took a few lbs out of the tires as we aren't anywhere close to max weight. The trucks push it some and so does 25 mph cross winds. You're driving a box down the road and you learn how to handle it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.