Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 12:20 AM   #19
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I See it differently.

Dealers will not reduce prices to clear inventory. Dealers will cancel orders not already purchased which will reduce supply to coincide with demand and thereby reduce Thor’s backlog.

We shall see…..

I have seen this cycle play out in the snowmobile industry multiple times. Granted a $15K - $20K vehicle but when winters are bad a couple years in a row, inventory builds up and dealers have to cut prices (with some help from the manufacturers).

In the snowmobile (and a few other recreational industries), manufactures also require a minimum annual order of inventory to carry their product line. I can’t speak to the agreements between RV manufacturers and dealers but a snowmobike dealer, SXS dealer, etc. can’t just cancel orders for inventory they have ordered. They have to order a minimum value if units each year and the amount increases every year.

The same demand and pricing surge has been occurring in the snowmobile, boat and other similar industries as well. Prices will go down when inventory stops moving. You can take that to the bank.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.