Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 05:44 PM   #6
Scubawise

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
So two weeks ago we decided to go to Colorado to visit what we missed when we got caught in Colorado's worst Snow Blizzard of the century this past March 2021.

So as a rule, I never make travel arrangements for the trip in route to my destination. Now if I have two intended destinations that may be different, but as far as the journey, we will live off the fat of the land.

So we try to book at a Colorado State Park that was our 1st choice. It was booked solid So versus booking alternative sites, I decided to keep trying to see if anything became available. The next day; I was able to book part of our stay with a 80ft back in site with no utilities. We booked it, we went 5 days before we found a 40ft back-in site with no utilities on the same campground loop; so we booked it too. So we were good 1 week before our departures at a cite that is heavily booked.

We took the RV up into the mountains ( we don't do the toad thingy). While we may not have exactly gone off road 4 wheeling; I may have accidentally pushed 4 Jeeps over the side of a mountain trying to park

But we completed our hike up the intended mountain turning heads for all to see a RV on the mountain

Our home campsite while full, is spaced out very well. Very clean, nearest RV was 100 ft or more. Temperature hit 41 degrees last night; but we didn't even run the propane heat. I told my wife that it was physically impossible to freeze to death at 41 degrees , besides we saw some folk camping in tents. Actually I am trying to complete the trip without using the propane heater due to the altitude unless it is an emergency. So far Easy Peasey.
Nice trip..what state park?
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.