Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 06:46 PM   #53
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I bet it wouldn't be that much better with no taper. I'm sure the biggest thing is just pushing that front (essentially a flat brick) through the air. On top of that add all the protrusions (mirrors, awning, A/C, etc.) causing turbulence. I bet eliminating the taper would save 1% or less.

I will take that bet in a heartbeat.

For what it’s worth, I was replying to David’s concern over aerodynamics, not that I think it would be important to lower it.

The main reason I would want to see a picture (even if computer generated) is because I think the Axis may look much better if built with traditional straight walls and proportions.

I also think shedding weight and manufacturing costs would help (versus going larger and more expensive which apparently hasn’t work that well). What could it hurt to build a smaller Axis designed much like a huge “B”? Cost could be lower than many Class B while providing much more room. Just a thought from the bigger is not always better crowd.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum