Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 11:26 AM   #8
Bob Nodine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsy64 View Post
My first trip with our Ford Ranger (all black with a black cap) went well but it rained all the way for 3.5 hrs of highway driving. Only trouble was the next day found that the entire truck and windows were covered in fine black residue that I eventually had to scrub off with soap and water.
Is there anyway to keep the toad clean? Do those curtains hanging from the rear of the RV help? Any experience here for this or should I just expect to wash the toad a lot?
We have been towing vehicles behind motorhomes for over 14 years and the short answer is no. One thing you learn quickly is to not turn on your wipers to clean the windshield on the toad until you have washed off the windshield with a hose. The sand, grit, and dirt that builds up there while the vehicle is being towed will harm you wipes and sometimes can scratch the windshield because sand is silicon. We are usually looking for a local car wash when we get to the next destination.

Bob
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum