Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 12:34 PM   #11
Rosemary

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #15026
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
I went back and reread the comments in this thread and you are fretting about a potential "nothing". Do as "fhenn" said and disconnect the chassis batteries, let sit a bit and reconnect. Sensors can/will throw a code at the least bit and until it's reset the light will stay on. Some vehicles are more prone, some sensors also more prone. Example I had a 97 Dodge pickup that would periodically have the CEL. Nothing really wrong except an errant sensor. If you let this little thing get you in a wad you will be forever worrying about "a nothing event". If you don't know, or physically can't do it, find a shop or friend who will disconnect the battery briefly. If that doesn't work, then go to plan B at an authorized shop. There is nothing magical about having Ford reset an errant code.
Thank you! Yes, I am probably worrying that about nothing. My family just doesn't like or trust Fords which is why it was distressing that my "dream RV" was a Ford. I just don't want to drive the RV and do more damage and my mechanic can't say 100% that it can be driven until the light is reset. Then, the issue of not even being able to find anyone that can do any type of warranty work on the F-53 has me more upset than the light issue. I even found out all the RV Dealerships anywhere near me (including the one I bought from) and not authorized to do warranty work. WTF??? While I love my RV, I am seriously thinking if selling it or trading it in for another type once I get this fixed. I really enjoy camping but maybe a Ford Chasis was not the best fit for my needs.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum