Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 04:57 PM   #46
Chateau_Nomad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardehrhart View Post
When I bought a used ACE it was about a year and a half old. The house batteries lasted maybe 6 months more and then died. I didn't check fluid level and they were nearly empty. I replaced with Duracell deep cycle marine AGM from Sam's Club for about $160 each. They don't have to be checked for fluid so that's one less maintenance issue to deal with. They are now over 2 years old and I am very happy with the purchase. Also an RV mechanic told me that by leaving the battery switch in "use" position FLA batteries are constantly being charged which will eventually boil out the electrolyte. Only turn on a day or 2 before leaving on a tip.
My batteries are being charged as long as sunlight is hitting the roof mounted solar panels... and I always keep the use/store switch (battery disconnect) OFF when sitting "idle" in the back yard. It's intentionally wired that way... by design.

Your RV mechanic is misinformed. The use/store switch disconnects the DRAIN on the batteries, NOT the charging side.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.