Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 12:30 AM   #14
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
For some reason, Motorcraft is my favorite OEM battery, when it is on sale or paid for otherwise, but for cars you just can't go wrong with the Wal Mart batteries, especially since they will put them in.

We just completed a 6 day trip and not once did I pull the shorepower card out. I only have a 1000 watt inverter and until last week, I had never tripped the breaker on the inverter. Still not sure how or why it tripped? But it was related to me manually turning off my generator at the time. I had 2 TVs on, the 12vdc power to the Norcold fridge, and maybe a few lights. I usually never see the inverter over 420 watts based on running all of the TVs.
Best guess is when the inverter is working the ATR is in shore power mode . After the generator starts, the ATR waits 60 to 90 seconds the flips to generator power. The inverter sees this power spike and trips to the voltage spike. My inverter does the same when the inverter is working and I plug into shore power I usually get a E03 . I just trip the 15 amp 120 volt CB in the power center and the 200 amp CB in the house battery compartment, then reset the 200 and then the 15 amp CBs and all is well.
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum