Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 01:09 PM   #17
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
Because you never read it on a forum, it cannot be true? WOW!

Painted mine 2 years ago and still looks like new. Plastic AC cover not really the same as a Cat cover.
Friend had a $300,000 Class A and a Winnebago rep told him at a rally to paint his units white due to the 2 units had a hard time keeping up at times. The cooler you make the box the efficient it is. Just common sense.
I painted mine and it made a noticeable difference. As for why manufacturers don't make them in white? aesthetics!! Don't know what else to tell you.
I never said it wasn't true. Just that I never heard of it and I cite what I read on a forum because that it where I have got 99.9% of my learning on RVs. My really? comment; was just as in "wow" for me because I did not know that.

I can believe it to be true, but I think my point is that I may actually also agree with the assumption that mfg's install the black ones on some of the coaches for aesthetics. I am a DIY'er but don't trust myself with some things because if/when I screw up, I am hard pressed to explain it I used Rustoleum 2000 degree High Temp paint on my cleaned Cat Converter, cured it by cycling 3 times per instructions and it is still changing colors and partially flaking. No big deal because it is on the bottom and it is still clear to a thief or whom ever it is painted. Not sure if you wish to recommend a spray paint? I don't know how long shrouds last, but if I ever had to replace them I could get white. They are about $200 maybe cheaper if I look?

With all that said, I only have a 30 ft RV; and with the two ACs I don't have a problem today. It is common for me to go in the RV in excess of 100+ degrees as both thermostats are reading 99 degrees (digital reading max is 2 digits) and in 15 min; we are comfortably cool. I don't even have to play around with the ducting

Thanks for the information. I just keep reading and keep learning; all good things will get around to the forum sooner or later
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.