Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 02:37 PM   #19
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
Sounds like a great trip.

I'm Gonna check out high altitude needs as that is where we hope to go for several trips.
We live at 1500 ft and have plans to be sleeping at 8,000.

Thanks for the report of the St. park.

PS: did any of you read about the recently invented/developed "whitest" paint ever? Reading about it said it would actually reflect so much heat that it created a cooler temp inside buildings. Most white paints do reflect heat and slow heat transfer but not enough to create a negative temperature affect. Not available or affordable I suppose.
Did you see that movie Long Long Trailer on TCM. It was hilarious and they went up to 8,000 ft pulling a 40ft trailer with a car

There is some type of derating adjustments required for some systems with every 1000 ft climbed. Best to check owners manual of with mfg directly because some manuals are not clear.

I took the position to avoid use of propane at the altitude unless absolutely needed. Had I had electricity when camping, I would have used our portable electric heater. Had it got to freezing I would have turned on the propane heater and took my chances. I did run Norcold fridge and Suburban water heater and there was no problem what so ever. My Genset came with an Altitude adjustment and I had it on 5,000 the entire time. Note: Norcold did tell me to NOT operate over 5500 ft I had Fridge & Hot water heater shut down completely while we mountain climbed at that 8,000 ft.

BTW,
I had not read about the whitest paint, but I have now. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/8378579002/ Looks like that is something we will all see in the future. For me it is akin to the Lithium batteries, I may have to way until it comes standard with my coach. Except for my OEM FLA batteries that I gave away, I gonna try to get every penny of use of the gazillion dollars I have spent buying this RV brand new. It is all part of the game and fun
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum