Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 03:35 PM   #21
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
We live at 6500 ft and play a lot up to 11,000ft.
It's fairly new to us so I did alot of reading and asking.
The John deere dealer, his shop is at 7,000ft, said he has NEVER installed a high alitude kit.
The Polaris dealer, also at 7,000ft, said he'd do it if I insisted, but he's never installed one.
My ancient small block Chevy/holley didn't need it in its move from 431ft to 6,500ft, my ancient three 2 barrel car didn't need it in its move from DesMoine to 6,500ft, my propane grill nor the rv nor the three patio heaters needed it.
I asked on all of them. No one I know has installed it on any engine, gas or propane.
I did not give up on the need. I read, and reread and dug deep.
I still sorta am doing it.

If I want my 60 year old car to get .1mpg better I can rejet the carbs.
If I want my heater to get .01gallon per day better I can rejet the the gas orifice.

The
Not over 5,000ft story
is a legality of a liability issue about the fuel burning at 89% efficiency vs 91% efficiency.

Truly, undeniably, a gazillion miles of rv miles at altitude over the last almost 100 years disproves their engineer crap.
You don't really think Mrs Ima Dummadz, the worlds dumbest rv owner, rejetted or didn't run her heater? 100,000,000 road miles over 100 years of propane usage says it works just fine.

It is only a legality liability thing.
It does not harm your equipment except for some soot(if your propane is nasty)in the flue.

If you're dumb enough to use a charcoal bbq for heat in a one bedroom apartment, you'll somehow, over years and years of use, find a way for the Squirrel clogged vent propane heater to cause you discomfort.

Related but different.
The 300ft. Cat5 'limit' is 300ft because the building the original tests were done is was
300ft long
And they didn't test it further.
Punchline:engineers say stuff sometimes. Stupid stuff. Then stare blankly when confronted.

Rejet has to do with unburned fuel in the minutest amounts, nothing else.

Honest. look ut up, use your common sense when reading instead of relying on the authors to not have an agenda.
Medically, high altitude starts at 8,000ft.

Thr venturi door on a propane torch let's you adjust the air/fuel mixture.
No death, no hurt, just a different flame with a different heat.

A considerable portion of the world's population lives above 5,000ft.
I think they likely use propane(ask the company who says no. Prepare for the blank stare.)

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.