Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 07:45 PM   #14
Rosemary

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #15026
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Unless you step up to a Freightliner chassis on a super C like some Dynamax, Renegade, etc, then your other alternative is something on a Sprinter, Mercedes Benz, chassis. If you think finding a suitable Ford repair shop is tough, try the MG. Not every MB dealer will service the Sprinter and fewer the RV versions. My sister in Chattanooga TN has to take it to Nashville or Knoxville if they want an MB dealer to do work. To put it bluntly, because some of your family members are idiots and don't like Ford is not a good reason to dump the Ford chassis. You've been given good alternatives but if you want to follow relatives bad advice and get rid of the current Ford based RV, do so.

You will find a few, not many choices on a GM chassis and some older ones also. Then you won't be concerned about warranty issues and you can get family members to do the work.
Well, you have a right to your opinion but I AM ONE OF THE FAMILY MEMBERS who don't like Fords (Fix Or Repair Daily) and don't think that makes me an idiot. Yes, I have been given some good alternatives and I am trying all of them. However, when none of the Ford Warranty Repair shops near or in a city the size of mine have a 2-4 month waiting period for repairs, only an IDIOT would not be scared of having a vehicle that is at their mercy. I have been told that a "check engine light" is not a huge issue and have had multiple people who say they just ignore the light because (even thought they don't have an RV) it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to ever get into a shop and get someone to fix the light or it is something that is so expensive to do, it is not worth getting it fixed/reset. All I want is to be able to use my RV for the reasons I purchased it to be and that is to be able to go camping any time I want WITH CONFIDENCE. Sorry if I obviously struck a nerve with you who apparantly are a Fix Or Repair Daily devotee. I am lucky that my husband is able to many of the repairs that my RV has needed. Now if I can just get him to train as a Ford Warranty Repair Person then my problem is solved. Have a good day!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum