Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 08:38 PM   #27
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
Wish they were all injection..thank you
Then you would be "Happy"

I wish too, but the trade off is really easy, just run that the thing as much as possible when you have chance any positive potential gain. I just went over 170 hours ( 2 years) and well under my target but way over anything I need to keep my genset starting 2-3 secs 1st time every time.

i.e. I have set my AGS to kick on genset at 12.5vdc to start my genset more frequently and at the same time keep may fancy smanncy AGMs for discharging anywhere close to below 50%

When driving when we have AGS on and thermostat set at 81; so it when it is over 87 degrees or so, it is likely to fire up the genset to keep the coach cool. Could I get buy with out it? yes probably if outside temperatures is less than 90; but I rather it run when I am in the coach getting some gain than just running it for so call exercising it.

We also by default let the genset run 10 minutes every time we want popcorn. No need for us to basically redesign our system to run popcorn off a inverter. If it not that big of a gain for us. Plus, I like it when my wife and daughter engage to start the genset because they want to use the microwave It can be an adventure for them, but they learn a little about the coach.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.