Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 10:22 PM   #592
rvfigs

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Flair 31E
State: New York
THOR #2025
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Rvfigs,

What size of fence post is that?

Also how about a shot from underneath to see how it is mounted and routed.

Any problem with heat generated by the generator? Our first outing (in the front yard) killed off a nice square patch of the lawn directly under the generator.

Doc
Hey Doc,

It is a 4x4 post and about 4.5 feet in length...I think.

I wanted it to be accessible, so I played around with a lot of configurations. I do have a spare tire mounted under the coach (DW insisted).

The post has a nice pitch. I drilled a few holes on the sides and on the bottom to help with drainage.

I used some simple metal strips to secure it.

I haven't had any issues with heat...yet. This was one of my concerns. I haven't really used the generator for long periods of time.

I was thinking of using some high temperature black tape. I think this could work - wrap the section of the post behind the generator. Another idea floating in my head was wrapping a thin metal sheet around the post...spray it black and done.

For now, the mod appears to be holding up. If the mod fails...than it's another opportunity to tinker!

Doc...have any remedies for Tinker Disease?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160414_173208.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	1770   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160414_173226.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	1771  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160414_173318.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1772  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum