Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 12:54 PM   #32
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawgeek View Post
I spent a week in CO in May mostly in Longmont and Glenwood Springs and had no problem with genny (2 hours a day) and heater at night. Glad to hear you enjoyed Cherry Creek or what we used to call "The Rez" when I was a kid and lived about three miles from there. Tent camped there the night I graduated HS. Always a great hangout for delinquents like I was lol.
We were in Chatfield SP back in March when the big snow storm came in. They allowed us to leave and gave us a full refund which was odd because their own policy no cancellations due to weather.

Again for clarity, I never said I had any issues with the equipment in the RV due to Altitude. I just explained "How I did it"

Generator - I have an Onan 5500 with altitude adjustment; set it at 5,000 ft; ran it had no issues

Fridge - It ran full time either on batteries 80% or propane 20% except for about 4 hours when on a high mountain in Golden; had no issues

Hot water heater - Propane ran full time except for while getting gas or the high mountain; never an issue didn't need to have hot water on the mountain

Furnace Heater - Never turned it on at any time during the entire trip. Suburban didn't recommend without the Kit, but short two nights, we never needed a heater. The two nights I may have used got down to 39 outside, but inside the RV it was 52. It was non issue as we simply closed our bedroom door as those temps on was the the peak of early morning like 3:00 AM We use to camp in tents too and we have been in tents below freezing oddly in Texas when caught by a sudden cold front ( no snow)
Trust me, if we were cold we would have turned the heat on despite what the Mfg said, but the point was; we did not need to, and I am never going to buy a altitude adjustment kit.

Colorado is great and beautiful and that is How we did it anyway
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.