Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 01:17 PM   #7
lwmcguire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningglory View Post
I'll bet some of you smart folks can tell me exactly what unit has failed... the correct name for it and where it is located.

I'm not real clear on how all the switching works to allow the house to work on DC while the engine is running and on DC from the house batteries and on AC when plugged into shore power and from the generator, but

Everything works when the engine is running. Everything works when plugged into shore power. Everything works when the generator is on.

This problem has progressed. When I turn off the engine, everything in the house goes dead - then sometimes it will switch over to the batteries and run for awhile. I can tell by the radio - it goes dead, then resets to 12:00 and runs for awhile. Initially it would stay on for hours. Now it is usually only a couple of minutes before the whole house goes dead. I can't even start the generator without having the engine running.

So which component in the system has failed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2015 Thor Axis 24.1
Get your VOM out and verify what is going on

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.