Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 12:43 AM   #16
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
You read the owner’s manual and do as they recommend.

My rig allows either way and this was verified with Entegra. I do however level then extend the slides.
I have not toured a factory that makes FED coaches. Entegra REDs use a Spartan chassis with an electric gear drive and rack system. I am not familiar with the Freightliner FED chassis or what Entegra uses for slides. Generally the object is to ensure the chassis is not racked when moving the slides. Minor tilt does not seem to effect the slide's operations. Entegra RED's factory installs the slides with the bags aired up as does the Newmar's RED on Freightliner chassis. I cannot speak to Winnebago, as I was last though the factory 2002. I know that Thor factories use different slides on different coach lines. For instance Thor plant 850 uses LCI's In-Wall slides on Palazzo and Aria but LCI's hydraulic slides on the Venetian and Tuscany. I assume it is the same with Entegra.

Out of curiosity do you have a IFS front or solid axle. I guess that could explain some differences as does the extremely stiff, HD chassis.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum