Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 10:32 PM   #12
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
I would think that the window frame being of two frames. One inside and one out compressed with screws would reinforce the frames cut. Plus it's only 12 high, so not such a large opening.
Also inside just above and across is a cabinet, and one on each side screwed into the wall would add additional supply.
I'm going to reach out to Thor to ask their opinion. Yeah I know. Good luck with that one.
Why would you think that? A window is not structure or structural. You got to put framing in just like home construction. It is worse in a moving RV than moves applying shock, vibe, and side movement.

That being said, from the drawing it looks like THOR actually framed the opening for a window. That is what would have had to be done if they did not. Otherwise you would have long term problems from cutting through framing without putting structure framing in for support. Thor must make this frame for a rear window in other models.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum