Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 10:45 PM   #20
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Chance ... have you looked at the Winnebago ? They have several floorplans which are similar to the Thor RUV's...don't know if there is one which is 'slideless' ..but might be worth a look. Have you reached out to any of the Mfg.'s ... regarding a custom build, without a slide? They might not be interested in integrating a complete line of this unit, but, might build one to your spec's.
That would be interesting.
Yes, I have. I've inquired about what I needed to do to order a 24.1 without the slide and with a dinette (like living area of 25.3) and was told respectfully to forget it. It's not within their capacity to custom make much of anything, even if it's mostly to not cut a big hole in the side of an RV. I appreciated their directness and I'm perfectly fine with their response. As an engineer I know it's not as easy as it sounds to make changes like that. That's why it has to be looked at globally.

Regarding Winnebago, they have similar size motorhomes (actually slightly smaller on Mercedes Sprinter chassis) that I like the size even better, but they also have small slides, no "real" MegaStorage, and only come as diesel. On the plus side they get up to 17 MPG (hence 12 MPG on simpler Axis is very doable).

I would love an Axis floorplan that moves in the direction of picture below. It would still be a little larger than this Hymer, but taking on some of its simpler appeal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1777  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum