Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 06:39 PM   #9
Travbob

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: British Columbia
THOR #11108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzRay View Post
Thank you for the forum. I just bought a used Thor vegas and after 11 wonderful days I was unable to get the RV out of park at the dump station line. Had to spend overnight there with my generator on. Good Sam couldn’t find a tow until next day. He towed it here to my house.
I had the exact problem with my 2016 Vegas (E450). The gear shift interlock would not disengage when I pressed on the brake. If that is your problem the issue is that interlock. If you look under the steering column you will see the interlock (there is a picture in the owner's manual) with a small knob on the bottom. As per the manual this knob can be pulled to manually unlock the steering column and shifter. You have to hold it out while you shift out of park so keep your foot on the brake.

In my case when I took it to my local Ford dealer the technician said he found the the ignition switch itself was sticking and not passing power to the interlock. He cleaned and lubed it and I never had a problem with it again.

But probably everyone should crawl under the column and find this lock-out and how to release it manually, just in case.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum