Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 04:41 AM   #1
Cindysteve

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Illinois
THOR #3491
ACE 29.3- less than two weeks now and....

I have had my ACE less than 2 weeks. So far, so good. (Still winterized, live near Chicago.) Hoping to prepare the unit to actually use it next week, as I think we are done with freezing temps now.

My impressions:
No major issues so far, but plumbing not in service yet, so....

The handle pulls on the drawers are awful and hurt my hands. I am replacing them. They look fine, but in this, feel overrides appearance.

Reduced storage because of outside kitchen not an issue. There seems to be enough.

3M Command products stick great to the wallboards, but do not want to stick on the wood areas. Anyone figure out what will?

Clean Dump system installed quickly and easily. Plenty of room in that storage compartment.

New mattress on the Queen bed, and bedding place is going to give me options for the OH bunk.

CW orientation just OK. They did not have any idea where the macerator listed on the power panel was. Called the tech over, who traced the wire and also could not find the macerator. Got it home and found it in a few minutes under the outside kitchen sink. Read posts on here to find out that I need to use it to drain that sink to the gray water tank. CW did not know it was there much less that I needed it to drain the sink.

Overall, I am happy at this point. Let's see if all is still well when we add water to the equation and swap out the fans.

▶️ Questions: is there a way to modify the back exit window so you can open it and add screen while maintaining the exit capability?

What products will stick well to the wood surfaces?

What kind of jack pads work with the hydraulic jacks? The ones I ordered say not for hydraulic jacks.

Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum