Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 03:49 PM   #51
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Kay: Your bottom picture shows exactly why I don't see the curved rod as a viable solution for me. Yours shows the bracket out about 4" from the side of the cabinet. On my 2015 Vegas 25.1 the existing track for the curtain is mounted to the ceiling about 3/4" from the cabinet. I don't see where I gain any additional "space" from having the curved rod. And actually the curve of the rod would be right up against the cabinet side preventing the curtain from sliding down the rod for the whole length of the side of the curtain.

We are looking at the glass enclosure so that loose material isn't "sucked" into the shower area so that it clings to us when we shower. We are "small" enough so that the shower space is adequate (just barely). It is the curtain clinging to us that is the annoyance. We figure the glass enclosure would cure that.

On the rattling noise -- it would have to rattle like loose coconuts in a box car to be heard above the roar of the engine and tire road noise.
Thanks Ed for your comments !
Doc had requested the measurements as he is installing the ARC in his coach.
Attaching an additional photo showing the clearance of the curtain/rod and cabinet, etc. .. Personallyl, unless the install is determined by the curve of the ARC ... I think it could have been moved closer to the cabinet on the right. But, it is what it is and Ron is not messing with it !!

I understand your preference on the install and you are correct...what with all the road/travel noise, a glass enclosure should not be an issue..and as DSTANKOV added...they have no probelm with theirs. So, I was definately incorrect.

We have not used our shower yet, as we have only been out one night .. 3 times .. so far ... we will put it to the test the end of May. I may be screaming about that sticky shower curtain at that time...and I will glady post my findings !! pro or con !! ha !

I am, truly, looking forward to seeing what you decide on..in regard to the glass enclosure !

Happy weekend !
Click image for larger version

Name:	shower right side.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1792
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.