Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 01:39 PM   #9
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
I towed a short 2012 Wrangler Sahara for several years and as a toad it met our wants and needs well. We used it for trail driving in AK, WA OR, UT and a few other places. It wasn't a daily driver nor did I have any desire to drive it on any long trips. Mine was stock height and suspension and had a running board helping us short people get in. It's incredibly easy to connect for its toad duties and I regularly connected it by myself. Sold it when I sold the previous motorhome. I'm down to just 1 4 wheel vehicle, not counting the Omni, and my daily driver is the 2020 Ram 1500 which I also set up as my toad. If pricing wasn't just stupid crazy for them I'd consider a used Wrangler as a second toad, but for the time being the Ram works for us. Unfortunately I won't attempt to take it places we took the Jeep so that cuts some of our fun time. If all you are going to use the toad for is "strip mall adventures" don't get a Jeep.

EDIT; I used Blue Ox Avail, BO base plate, Hopkins brake wiring, M&G brakes.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum