Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 11:49 PM   #17
kwplot34

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamokadave View Post
I'll be following your progress intently as I may be in the same boat. We recently picked up a preowned 32 (private sale) b4 being aware of the cap problems. Ours is showing 2 popping screws under the vertical trim on the passenger side. I've inspected all the joint seals everywhere the cap meets the rest of the rig and see no evidence of cracking etc. We took it to a THOR dealer for inspection and told them about the frequent cap problem. They're analysis was it needed a couple of screws replaced under the trim (surprise surprise)
We also contacted Thor just to get on record within the rigs original warranty period for whatever that may be worth.
Living in AZ however, I just don't see the value in driving back to Indiana should this blossom into a problem.
I don't have any welding equipment, so if I did open things up, would there be another approach to reinforcing the frame?
I am sure you have some professional welders in your area or some fabrication and welding shops that you could take the frame and pedestal too and have them weld it up for you. Using brackets in the corners with nuts and bolts would not last very long, the aluminum tubing is thin walled and you will crush the sides when you try to tighten up the fasteners.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.