Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 05:06 PM   #32
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
I saw a Winnebago Trend 23L .. which is 'slide-less' .. appears to have the dinette...but, has that dreaded corner bed ! And the seating ... it looks strange...might just be me...check it out on RV Trader..It is on the Dodge Chassis/gas..
Thanks for suggestion.

We have looked at them, and there is a lot to like in the various ProMaster-based Class C (or B+ as some refer to them) motorhomes from various manufacturers.

The corner bed is essentially a deal breaker for us (tried it on rental for a week and hated it), but there are other floorplans we like.

There are a couple of issues that concern me about all of these. First, they have very little cargo carrying capacity -- in some cases rear axle was overloaded from factory. I'm also very leery that Dodge minivan transmission won't hold up long-term in this heavier motorhome. And lastly, it can't tow much of anything.

If not for transmission concern we would have already purchased a ProMaster van camper to replace my old one. I normally keep vehicles at least 10 years, so I value ruggedness and durability. Some would say I'm too picky, but it works for me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.