Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Uneven heating
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 07:04 PM   #17
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
I was wondering why you were trying to cook while sleeping............

Then I got it.

Your furnace is basically under your brd so the outlets in the bedroom will have the hottest and most air flow. Our ACE is the same way. The farther the outlets are from the furnace the less air flow and lower the air temperature will be.

You've see the replies about using space heaters and most RVers do that but sometimes that can't keep up and the furnace is heated.

So yeah we use a space heater with a thermostat out in the living area below the front A/C. We turn the fan on the A/C on low with all front vents closed but with the bedroom vents open. The warm air from the vent heater is directed to the bedroom. We usually set the furnace thermostat 3 to 4 degrees below the space heater's setting so if it gets too cold it will heat things up for a few minutes, but since that thermostat is near the space heater, the furnace won't run too long.

Same here...we use one or two small space heaters and turn on A/C to "fan only". It circulates the heat just as if it were a central system at home. Most nights I'll find myself turning one of the space heaters off and lowering the temp a bit on the other.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.