Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 01:30 AM   #1
Jackkdh

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport j34
State: North Carolina
THOR #25311
We Are Definitely Newbies

Our wellness doctor repeatedly emphasized the need to exercise the brain as well as the body by learning new things. So at the age of nearly 82 (me) and nearly 80 (by good wife) we decided that buying a motorhome would be an interesting way to enhance our mental fitness; especially since we had zero knowledge/experience with RVing.

Long story short: flew to Indiana on 11/5/21, bought a 2022 Thor Windsport 34J, and drove it back to our North Carolina Outer Banks home. For several weeks prior to the purchase I devoured many, many YouTube videos about driving these large vehicles (time well spent), and how to operate many of the motorhome functions, etc, etc. so the drive back, while challenging, was done without incident. It had been winterized so we were unable to use many of the facilities.

Our wellness doctor will undoubtedly be pleased that we’re learning new things. In fact, we’re a little overwhelmed, but we are determined (I’m a retired USAF Chief Master Sergeant, and have faced many steep challenges in my military career and later in corporate life) so it’s full speed ahead, but I’m never to proud to ask advice, which I’ll undoubtedly do, from you good folks.

Soon we’ll be taking a “shake-down” camping cruise, but first have to de-winterize the home, learn the furnace, solar system, TVs, the stove, microwave, oven, et al. I’ve learned how to operate the generator, the leveling system (love the 1-button system), and the slide out (love it).

Our first long cruise will be to Florida for a month beginning in mid-January and then we’ll start planning a very long tour to various US locations (so many things to see and experience).

Jack McCombs
Kill Devil Hills, the Outer Banks, NC

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum