Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 03:01 PM   #13
GreenFallsHollow

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: WindSport 29M
State: Connecticut
THOR #11725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
This happened to me. Faulty BIM 160. Thor shipped free as goodwill. Thor said chassis should NEVER be use for coach operations.

Localled front over driver tire.
Thank you, Scubawise! I'm glad to have more confirmation that our assumption that the chassis battery should not have drained down is super helpful.

Oh, and in keeping with the "it depends" for every make, model and year of RV, our BIM is located in the bay with the coach batteries, mounted above them to the right in the bay. And painted with some red paint Thor sprayed on the breakers and the BIM. Ugh. Took reaching in with the camera on the phone and snapping a pic to try to make out the "160" on the box.

And the info on the BIM 160 is helpful, too. I have found in my digging here that it may not be that the BIM is faulty but rather that it isn't connected correctly. I've found a great thread on the BIM 160 and am just getting ready to print out some things and head out to the coach and get this thing figured out!

-temple in CT

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum