Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 06:31 PM   #16
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFallsHollow View Post
And the info on the BIM 160 is helpful, too. I have found in my digging here that it may not be that the BIM is faulty but rather that it isn't connected correctly. I've found a great thread on the BIM 160 and am just getting ready to print out some things and head out to the coach and get this thing figured out!

-temple in CT
Glad you found it and that it is a BIM 160. Attached is info from PC on their BIM 160.

Thor usually does connect the BIM 160 incorrectly, but that should not affect protecting the chassis battery from being pulled down by the coach battery system. It will affect coach battery charging from the chassis alternator. Judge on this forum was the first to flag this problem and when I wired it right it all worked fine.

You need to wire the chassis alternator output to the A terminal which is on the ignition side of the BIM. Easy enough to swap either now or if you replace it.

Sent you a PM.

David
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Precision Circuits BIM 160-Rev7-1.pdf (711.5 KB, 92 views)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum