Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 08:04 PM   #18
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
The thor default in my AGS is 11.6. FLA??
That seems awfully low although mine could be set at low as 10.5vdc or as high as 12.5vdc

The Onan EC-30 Default is AUTO. Auto is kind of complex to explain because it is constantly learning based on how the batteries are being used, recharge etc. After just watching it for a while I learned that the AUTO generally would not kick on until it was down to 12vdc

So I went to manual and set it at 12.2vdc because that is 50% SOC for my then FLA batteries. It worked well, as I had barely just enough amps to get through the night, but when I bought the new pure AGM 135 amp vMax SLR tank batteries, I had more amp capacity than I really needed, so I have it set it up to the max which is 12.5vdc which is about 60% SOC for AGM batteries.

If it were me, I would never set my batteries to knowingly drain down below 12vdc (25% SOC), but maybe someone explain a good reason?

FWIW, the above is why I hear a lithium owner crow about Lithium's ability to drain down to 10%, It is of no value to me. Thus far in my coach, based on my usage, I have no issue being limited to drain down to 50%; your batteries will appreciate and you will also know your batteries are ways ready to go.

Few other little advantages;
1. I can fully recharge with genset or shore in 2 - 3 hours
2. I like to occasionally have my generator kick on with the automation to verify all is working like it should plus to me it is a good thing to let the genset run
3. Note most of the time it comes on with automation anywhere to run the ACs
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum