Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 09:23 PM   #20
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Great will set mine to 12.0
Thanks

That is a lot better.

If it were me, I would try setting to 12.2vdc which is 50% SOC for FLA.

I would then just watch and monitor. Use your RV like normal and see if you notice much difference as to when your AGS has to start up.

If you are finding out that you go from a full charge to 12.2vdc or 12.0vdc too soon you may find out your batteries are not capable of producing it's rated amperage anymore. if that is the case the batteries may already approaching it's ultimate demise. Ideally you never want ANY battery new or old to go lower than 50% (Lithium is the exception). When I bought my AGMs; I doubled my amp hr capacity to two 135amp batteries from two 65 amp hour batteries.

Note: I actually went from 12.2vdc to 12.5vdc with the new batteries because I never could get the AGS to at least occasionally start the generator 12.4vdc is 50% SOC for AGM and 12.2 is 50% for FLA.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum