Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 11:36 PM   #18
Lamokadave

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32
State: Arizona
THOR #24995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
The base F-550 332 Amp comes from dual alternators and not a single one. They are rated at 175 and 157 Amps for the combined 332 Amps. Given the greater surface area and cooling potential of two alternators I would not worry too much about 100 Amps unless it was extremely hot under the hood.

The 15A converter power is likely designed for no more than 80% of that as maximum steady state, and since converter is much less than 100% efficient, the maximum power that it could supply to a battery bank is probably under 80 Amps. Converters rated at 80 Amps are often meant to be used on 20 Amp circuit. Regardless, the much lower charging rate you are seeing is not being limited by the 15 Amp AC circuit in my opinion.
So I finally had a chance to dig in to this a bit.
The premise here is Im considering a swap out of the WMO 9855 converter non lithium to something that supports lithium.
With some amount of difficulty I was able to pull the current deck mount converter. Im hoping some of you can help me understand what Im looking at.
As stated earlier, the converter circuit in the power center is a 15 amp breaker
The converter actually plugs directly into the back of the power center and has a single 6 awg red and white wire leaving it. I expected 2 of each with one headed toward the batteries and another powering house 12v systems. The white is routed directly to a neutral buss and the red goes back into the power center. In the same place the red enters the PC, another red exits and heads toward a device with a small circuit board and what looks like a couple of fuses. The red leaves that and heads into a very busy distribution device. At least one bundle of wires appears to connect to something labelled Vega so Im assuming part of the firefly system I dont really see any larger qauge wires that might head toward the batteries. So at this point, I dont know how the batteries are being charged. I've had no luck trying to trace things underneath as bundles of wires disappear between the frame members and coach bottom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211123_220455276.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	34957   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211123_220652494.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	34958  

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211123_230706950.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	34959   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211123_230745450.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	34960  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum