Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 02:01 AM   #131
kwplot34

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Yes replacing the "cap" will be expensive but I won't have to deal with deteriorating A/C ducting or open to the subfloor heating ducting which would be impossible to repair. A Dynamax rep on that forum has already given me rather detailed explanation of how they attach the front cap. I'll get the same info from Renegade before I commit to them. On the surface the Omni and Magnitude are great looking RVs. It's when you start peeling back the layers of the onion you seen disturbing stuff. My "RV life" is too short to waste on crap and although it will be costly to do it right, I'm willing to do that.

How will I know that I won't be jumping from one poorly built sinking boat to another?? Any RV can be the "built on the Monday after Superbowl". Thor apparently has a week full of those days. I may cool off after a while and if on my spring trip I don't have to stop along the side of the road and pick up the front cap that fell off, may keep it a while. We'll see but in the meantime I'm doing serious search and research.

Meanwhile I'm glad you are happy with the job you did and at least that's one major issue you won't be having to revisit. Shame it wasn't designed and built correctly the first time though.
I don't think the heating and a/c duct work will be impossible to fix. I am going to look into my heating first since it does raise the vinyl flooring in a couple of spots and I felt cold air blowing up through the front vent behind the drivers seat when it was windy out, not having any issues with a/c duct at this moment, but plan on running the scope down those also.

I now get what you're saying about the cap, read it to fast the first time, you're going to replace it and everything behind it, a new coach, when I first read it I thought you said you were going to replace the cap, my bad.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum