Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 05:02 AM   #5
Luke D

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #17954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Sometimes I think I got lucky getting "stuck" with the last of the legacy V10 engines (2020 model year). It really screams when tasked... but it's built for that. And the design lasted for 20 years for a reason.

But a few thoughts. The V-10 became a great workhorse engine because over it's 20+ year run the bugs were eventually worked out, and it evolved through upgrades. I'm sure the Godzilla engine will eventually do the same... growing pains.

Gas mileage is all relative... coach weight and cargo, mountains, headwind... many variables make it nearly impossible to compare... it's always apples to oranges. 8 to 10 mpg seems to be the norm... sometimes even less, but RARELY better than 10ish.

Although the horsepower was increased, I think the torque is what adds value. BUT, I have heard little comment about torque making a difference. To truly give perspective, you would need a person who graduated to the V-8 from the V-10... in a similar motorhome.

The Godzilla engine is the result of Ford consolidating to similar engine construction. The V-10 was an outlier... it didn't fit their one size fits all scheme... albeit with different displacement. I can see Ford eventually dropping the Coyote and using "de-tuned" versions of Godzilla.

Well said. I concur.
Happy thanksgiving

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum