Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 09:41 PM   #137
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
I don't think the heating and a/c duct work will be impossible to fix. I am going to look into my heating first since it does raise the vinyl flooring in a couple of spots and I felt cold air blowing up through the front vent behind the drivers seat when it was windy out, not having any issues with a/c duct at this moment, but plan on running the scope down those also.

I now get what you're saying about the cap, read it to fast the first time, you're going to replace it and everything behind it, a new coach, when I first read it I thought you said you were going to replace the cap, my bad.
I figured difficult to "impossible" because the A/C is in the attic area and I imagine the styrofoam is laid down before the roof sheathing and TPO. No way to access it without either tearing out the roof or ceiling. From my previous limited inspection using flashlight and inspection mirror, I know the ducting has gaps. From what I read on another thread the heating ducting isn't enclosed in any actual ducting, just using the open space between the floor and under floor area. Next week I'll use the borescope and confirm the situation. The 3 floor registers are already off as I was trying to clean up the construction debris sawdust so I'll "see what I can see". I hope that what I see is better than what I fear.

PM sent.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum