Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Propane reading
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 10:58 AM   #13
Bob Nodine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmsy View Post
My firefly reading is not in 1/3’s…it’s actual…and at 50% it takes just about 8 gallons…when full the firefly reads full and the outside gauge is between 3/4 and full…near enough for me…now, those grey and black gauges, they are useless…:haha!
The typical RV motorhome propane tank that has a metal plate stating the capacity is 12.2 gallons will only hold about 9.5 gallons or less. How much it holds depends on where the overfill protection device shuts off the input port. I am guessing your coach has a 20 gallon propane tank and the 80% volume is 16 gallons. Your system has been calibrated to indicate 100 % at 16 gallons. We have installed the SeeLevel system on our coach and have calibrated the LP gauge on the SeeLevel to 100% with the tank full. Time will tell how accurate that will be but we are expecting the tank to accept around 5 gallons when the gauge says 50%.
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum