Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: 2017 Axis 24.1
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 04:51 AM   #55
Rod'sMom

Brand: Still Looking
State: Illinois
THOR #4087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26 View Post
What i meant by "camping per se" is: i'm would consider traveling, exploring, and see new places my reason for having an RV like the Axis, and not the camping. You know , setting up camp in the woods for a week and fishing and hiking and all that stuff. Living away from the grid because i could. Na. Not into that. More into to just traveling , playing golf maybe, finding new BBQ joints to visit. Just like you would if you were to get a car and travel and spend a $130 a night in the Hampton Inn. If a man did that for 6 months, it would get expensive. Would think an RV would be a better way to go. Maybe not. I'd like to here your opinion on that. If you rent a place in Tucson it's a $1,000 a week in the winter. Do the math on that for 5 or 6 months. So, for me it's just travel, and having your own bed at night and being able to do what you want rambling around in the RV. Sound like what people do or not? Thanks. Dave
Dave,
I have years of experience doing the country in small RVs for up to 4 months at a time. It is great and some RV resorts would be great for you Some have perks such as golf and most have a pool and activities. Of course the more perks and the nicer the park the more it costs. However, you are not going to be able to pull into new BBQ and the like with small parking lots. I have but only after carefully considering where I would be able to park and how I was going to get out. Other than that it is a comfortable way to travel. Has nothing in common with Boy Scout camping. Perhaps you should visit some local campgrounds and check out the lifestyle.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.