Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 02:44 PM   #10
Cummins12V98

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Unless you know your seals are in good shape I would not recommend using that zerk on the spindle mentioned above, if the seal is weak all that grease takes the path of least resistance which is filling your brake drums. I personally would hand pack them annually that way you can inspect bearings, brake shoes (unless you have disc) , & the spindles.
There have been a lot of rvers contaminate their brakes, thus having no brakes, by pumping them full of grease.
He only has 8,000 miles on his rig. You take the weight off each tire and rotate while SLOWLY pumping grease into the Zerk. He has Disk brakes and can see the back of his seals.

I agree with you on other applications, not on his.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum