Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: fuel capacity
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 08:05 PM   #13
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
E-350 comes standard with 40-gallon fuel tank.

E-450 comes standard with 55-gallon fuel tank.

E-350 is available with optional 55-gallon fuel tank (with exception that doesn’t apply here).

E-450 is available with optional 40-gallon fuel tank (smaller than standard).

Having stated above, what matters most is that practically all E-350 and E-450 E-Series Cutaway or Stripped chassis with RV package come with 55-gallon fuel tank as part of the RV package. The exceptions are E-350 with Single Rear Wheels and DRW E-350 with wheelbase other than 158-inch. RV manufacturers normally purchase chassis with 158-inch wheelbase when they plan to stretch to build longer motorhomes, so the 55-gallon tank is most common by far. There’s that, and also that larger motorhomes built on E-Series normally use the E-450 chassis and not the E-350 anyway.

Regarding fuel gauge reading, it’s normal for gauge not to be perfectly linear. I normally get greater driving range with bottom 1/4 of fuel readings. Not only that, but the very most I have filled is 31 gallons out of 35-gallon capacity from my E-350 when reading empty. Normally I fill +/- 27 gallons at 1/8 reading which also doesn’t add up correctly.

For clarity, the 35-gallon tank was used only for “vans” (discontinued after 2014) and is very different than Cutaway fuel tank. The 40- and 55-gallon fuel tanks on cutaway and stripped E-Series chassis are located behind rear axle. Vans had fuel tank between front and rear axles.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.