Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 04:53 PM   #1
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Omni/Magnitude propane line routing recall

Yesterday there was a posting on a recall, 1 of 3 mentioned, of a recall of a significant number of the omni and Magnitudes produced. I have not received anything myself and looked up the recall myself. Its NTSB recall number 21V-754 and Thor recall RC000242. Applicable to MY2021 and 2022 coaches. Number affected 774, percent affected, 100%. As stated yesterday a propane line was routed through the spring and may be damaged.

I was expecting to see the line leave the tank and going up the right side somehow be wrong. This is what I found on mine. The main propane line leaves the tank, goes to the left, driver's side, along a body sub frame member and then passes up between the body subframe and the back of the helper spring. The helper spring can rub/contact the propane hose and pinch the hose between that back of the spring and the body part. I can see evidence of mine doing that, rub marks and very slight contact.

My Omni is up on the jacks so the suspension is unsprung. Later I'll drop it to check clearances. I don't travel heavy and based on my scale ticket I'm a good 1000# under GVWR with 1/2 tank fresh water. More than that margin for my RAWR. The XG32 being the shorter and lighter SHOULD have less than an issue. Those with the longer ones and especially if you push the GVWR limits, I strongly urge you to check yours and if you must travel, turn the tank OFF and lighten the load.

This is beyond sloppy construction, it's extremely dangerous. Thor has known about this since June of 2021 and letters didn't start going out until late November.

Duckies suggestion to just reroute the line yourself is simplistic and won't work. This is apparently an 18' heavy line, clamped in many places, and best I can tell also routes through or in the main frame member forward of the axles.

I am taking the Omni Thursday on a "shopping trip" so I'll turn off the propane and check when I get where I'm going. I'm also going to a south FL trip next week and I'll travel light with the propane OFF. My creeper will be in the back of the truck to check things after each travel day. I suggest others do the same.

I'm going to take a picture of mine, then lower the jacks and take another picture and post back here later this morning.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.