Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 08:47 PM   #6
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
Description of Remedy Program : TMC will notify dealers how to properly re-route the LP hose as needed.
Reimbursement will be provided through the normal warranty claim
process.
How Remedy Component Differs
from Recalled Component :
Remedy component (LP hose) will be properly routed, eliminating the
routing thru the rear suspension leaf springs.
Identify How/When Recall Condition
was Corrected in Production :
Units were properly routed in production with p-clamp

I wouldn't trust the idiots at TMC to come up with a plan to properly re-route the hose, we're talking about the same company that thought it was OK to run it through the leaf springs to begin with. Knowing them they will Zip Tie the hose to the exhaust and call it good.
First, they are going to have to replace a significant number, maybe all the propane lines. I can't imagine NTSB buying off anything other than that. Mine is damaged, albeit small so far, but it's pinched between the spring and body framing as shown. Longer heavier models I suspect worse. Older worse. I have about 5500 miles. I haven't checked my build date or the VIN but nothing in the mail today. Mine's a 21 that was built sometime in late 20 I think. I'll check the tag in the door to see what it says. Regardless of that, mine is screwed up. From what I saw under mine, the whole line will have to be replaced. Think I'll go turn the propane off at the tank and check the tank security since it as reported here the attaching bolts fell out.

Friday looking at a Valencia 35MB
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum