Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 01:47 PM   #12
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryD View Post
my 21 does not have the recall per the site and I cant check until I get it back. Would it make sense, if the hose seems ok, to put something over it to protect it? like a piece of angle iron or something.... whats it push back against? can really tell from the pics. Is that bar with the stamped numbers the end of the spring? So, when it compresses it flexes, pinching the hose between the what looks like the house frame and the spring? Thats straight up crazy.
Yes that bar with the stamped numbers is the top leaf of the spring, what I referenced as the "helper spring". Above and right of the spring end and propane line is a "L" or "Z" shaped rusty part and that's body or house framing lower structure. In the first picture you can see some shiny textured material, that's the lowest underlayment layer for the house part. The black part aft/left is that house part and the black curved piece forward/right is that top spring. On the 1st picture you can see the scuff and also visible on all the other pics, different angles. In the second picture you can see the edge of a hose clamp which screwed into the body framing member. The propane line/hose is rather stiff.

Access to the area for different angles is rather tight. Once they have the correct line, I suspect a 2-4 hour replacement and that's likely to require a lift. Forward that line will go to the stove but beyond going into that frame section I didn't trace it. Aft of the suspect area it's clamped to various body parts going to the right side and propane tank. I turned my tank valve off yesterday since I'm not planning to cook. Unfortunately with the Girard W/H I'll need propane to shower and wash dishes. Carrying my creeper for pre-use inspections.

EDCIT adding; the question about putting something over the line, there really isn't any room. Static there is 1/4-3/8" clearance and I'm not loaded fully. The hose gets pinched between the spring and body part. Rock and a hard place.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum