Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: 12v outlet
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 07:05 PM   #10
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
It won't be easy. On my 2021 Axis I unscrewed the middle dash panel by removing the top piece above it and then two screws at the top of the panel and two at the bottom. That will get you to the outlets and their wiring. But the wiring immediately enters a bundle of wires that is stuffed in behind the dash and I suspect that circuit then goes through the firewall into the engine compartment where the fuse box is located.

On mine it was very difficult to get to that fuse box (looks to me that you would have to remove the hood first), so I just wired the outlets directly to the battery on the right underneath the flip out passenger side table with a 20A fuse near the battery.

That may be your best bet as it may be near impossible to trace the wiring down. Be aware that the outlets will then be powered up all of the time (which was a plus for me) rather than being triggered by the engine's ignition switch.

David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.