Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 11:04 PM   #10
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Generator problem solved!

I resorted to taking it to Cummins to check it out. Turned out it was the choke stuck causing the generator to flood...

Bad thing, since all the vehicles are injected now, my experience with carbs from my younger days seems to have faded somewhat. My traveling partner asked if I had checked the choke, but wasn't sure where to actually check it on the generator. A 290.00 lesson, but could have been worse, they said their price to replace the carb is now 1100.00.

I now know that the 294.00 replacement ONAN carb on Amazon will be the way I go if I need a carb in the future. It doesn't look to hard to replace (as I was crawling around in the air filter chamber)

Thanks for all the advice. Having an RV is definitely a "learning" (if not inexpensive) experience!

I wanted to post the solution, as I hate people who solve their issues and never share the "fix"

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum