Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 2017 Axis 24.1
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 04:04 AM   #68
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26 View Post
K, I am getting closer, and what may tip me over is that a dealer who is known to be fair has a 2014 24.1 coming in, and if it's clean and doesn't have 50,000 miles on it already i may go that route just to keep the entry fee down to a number that i can live with-good or bad. My friends are going crazy listening to my stories about buying an RV. It's only been 2 years since i've been looking into it. I get stuck on the total price of the deal when you consider the purchase price and then all the other costs that go into it like taxes, storage, gas, rv nightly costs ect. I just haven't decided if i want to do it bad enough i guess. It seems to me most people are either dead sure the life style is perfect and do it all the time, or they are first timers like me and don't know if the outlay is right for them. I do know there are a bunch of new people doing it because why else would a 30 year old Airstream cost more than it sold for new? So maybe the used 24.1 will be a way to mitigate the mental stress and get the strain with my friends over with. I'll take them all out for a drink for listening to me for 2 years.
T you have the right attitude ! I was worried about you for a while !
Just to put things in perspective...our first motorhome in 1999, was a 21' Coachmen Starflyte..no slide..65000 miles...bought it from a lady whose husband had passed away..they loved that thing and it showed. We paid 20k for it and loved it...on the Ford 350 Chassis V-10..it is a beast of a motor.
After a few years and many happy trips, we wanted a little bigger..so we shopped for a year and went up to a 25' Dorado w/2 slides..loved it but Ron wanted a toyhauler..so we did that and didnt like pulling a trailer at all !!
So, we made the final huge purchase of our lives in this 2016 Axis. We love it and have not made a long trip yet ! So there ya go !
Only get what you are comfortable with. I know there are many folks on this forum who have the 2014, the first year of the Axis/Vegas .. there have been improvements made...but, if you can get a deal you are comfortable with..and the unit is in good repair...know that that Ford Chassis and motor are strong points...and if the previous owner took good care of it, it should go many miles !
K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum