Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 11:32 PM   #2
kamccormick

State: California
THOR #25047
Thor Tranquility/Sanctuary 19P Defects

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Coast View Post
Considering purchasing a 19P. In reviewing the various videos and posts (here and facebook) I came up with a list of defects that are present on the van when its delivered from the factory to the dealer.

Please add missing items to my list. If any of these defects have been corrected by the factory, it would be nice to know.

Thanks!

Thor Sanctuary/Tranquility 19P Defects

Door Screens do not roll up (no zipper/magnet issues).

Sliding door interior panel falls off

Sliding door - does not open from the inside

Floor penetrations not sealed (19P)

Water leaks, poor workmanship in cabinet below refrigerator (19P)

Bathroom doors - do not close properly (19P)

Electrical - breakers trip

Window Sliders - need lubrication

Exterior light bar - loose needs tightening

Let me first say that we love our 19P. But disappointed in the quality of workmanship on some of the Thor parts. I think there are some design defects like the side door screen, rear bed hinges on the rear side seats poke up when flat. Not every unit has every problem. We only had 1 on your list, the side screen design. However we have had our share of poor quality workmanship, here’s our list so far on our unit:

Rear bed hinges (there was a post on here that design may have been changed to Velcro cushions?)

No sliding door or rear door window shades
1 rear side window has rubber seal falling out
Cassette toilet outside access door frame detaching from the van
Sewer hose door had inadequate latch to keep door closed
Alternator added for the lithium battery, the belt is hitting the cowling in the engine area
Rear door screen grommet does not line up with the securing button on ceiling
Screw coming through the front cabinet finish on sink/stove cabinet
Brake rotors rusted
Outlet on kitchen cabinet loose.

Fortunately La Mesa RV in San Diego is very receptive and have fixed some of these on our first service visit and have ordered parts for others.

We have a friend in RV service business in San Diego area and he said poor workmanship is pretty common in almost all the RV companies.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum