Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: 2017 Axis 24.1
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 10:23 PM   #79
Teeitup26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
WE DROVE THROUGH THAT AREA ! I checked the map to make sure I remembered correctly...We came up from Bryce on 89 and then east on I70 through all that great country. It is beautiful and I have some of my
I70 at 70 mph photos !! along with many, from the pulloff areas !
On that trip, we were going to take 24 from Bryce over to I70 and catch all the beauty in between. Had to make the change of plans.

The neat thing is that 99.9% of the visitors to this area come in the summer when the kids are out of school, so if you can do it in September or October even November after everybody leaves, you could have the whole place to yourself. Even the guards to the Parks leave while the leavin's good. LOL Which would make me creeped out a little bit because you'd sort of like to think you weren't COMPLETELY alone out there. You know, in case you ran out of Spam or something. But it is beautiful beyond description really. And Moab? don't even think about taking a camper near Moab in the summer. It's the off road rock crawling mecca of the EARTH between June 1st and September 1st.
BUT, if you are traveling west on 1-70 and want to stop in Moab during the off months which is after September, go in the back way at the Cisco Exit and drive through Castle Valley which meanders along the Colorado River and ends up in Moab. Stark Beauty like you find in John Wayne film. Matter of fact i think they filmed one of his movies in there. Sorry about this travel log. I live out here and love it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.