Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2021, 10:08 PM   #14
aa0ri

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Arizona
THOR #6311
When I purchased my 2017 Vegas the Generator started and ran during the walk through inspection. When I tried to start it 2 weeks later it wouldn't start. I tried everything I could think of short of replacing that over priced carb and finally pulled the fuel line from the carb and put a separate fuel line on the carb and plugged the line from the tank. I attached a funnel to the hose, elevated it above the generator and filled with a large amount of Sea Foam and a smaller amount of Gas. When I started the generator it ran very rough for a few minutes gradually getting stronger and stronger until it was running well. I poured some more gas into the funnel and ran it for about 15 minutes. I have never had to do anything again other than running it once or twice a month under load. Very cheap fix and easy to do. I had cleaned and adjusted the linkage and everything else before trying that solution.

I used to store my ATV for the summer here in AZ when I would leave for higher elevations in the spring. I used Stabil the first summer and when I got back I could never get it to run right until I tried the sea foam, let it sit for over night and started it in the morning. It would only run with the choke on for about 10 minutes then cleared up and ran well for a few years before I sold it. I'm a firm believer in Sea Foam and not so much with the Stabil. (I have no commercial interest in Sea Foam)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum